- A reaction is II order with respect to a reactant. How is the rate of reaction affected if the concentration of the reactant is (i) doubled (ii) reduced to half. 1
- Calculate the half life of a first order reaction if the rate constant is 2 min. 1
- For a first order reaction, show that time required for 99% completion is twice the time required for the completion of 90% of reaction. 2
- The following data were obtained during the first order thermal decomposition of SO2Cl2 at a constant volume SO2Cl2(g) SO2 (g) + Cl2(g) 3
|Experiment||Time (S-1)||Total pressure(atm)|
Calculate the rat e of reaction when total pressure is 0.65 atm.
- The rate constant of a reaction at 500 K and 700 K are 0.02 S-1 and 0.07 S-1 Calculate the value of Arrhenius parameters. 3
- Explain the concept of activation energy and activated complex with the help of a diagram and example. 3
- The activation energy for the reaction 2HI (g) H2 (g) + I2 (g) is 209.5 KJ/mol at 581 K. Calculate the fraction is molecules of reactants having energy equal to or greater than activation energy. 2
- Differentiate between rate of reaction and specific reaction rate. 2
- What is meant by Pseudo first order reaction? In a pseudo order of ester hydrolysis of ester in water, following results are obtained: 3
- Calculate the average rate of reaction between the time intervals 30 to 60 seconds.
- Calculate the first order pseudo rate constant.