- Differentiate between absorption and adsorption. 2
- Explain the following terms: 2
(a) Electro dialysis (b) Gels
- Describe and explain what is observed when: 3
(i) A beam of light is passed through a colloidal solution of As2 S3.
(ii) Electric current is passed through a colloidal solution.
- Explain lock and key model of enzyme activity. 2
- What are emulsions? How will you distinguish between two different types of emulsions? 2
- Explain Hardy-Schulze rule by taking a suitable example. 2
- State an example of: 2
(i) Enzyme (ii) aerosol
- Explain the application of colloids in. 2
(i) the formation of delta.
(ii) smoke precipitation.
- What are associated colloids? Explain the formation of Micelles. 3
- What is meant by Brownian Motion? What is the significance of Brownian motion? 2