Unit : 5
- Out of CO and NH3 which is adsorbed on activated charcoal to large extent and why? 2
- Define : (i) Gels (ii) Brownian movement 2
- Explain and describe what happens when : 3
- An electric current is passed through a colloidal solution.
- FeCl3 is mixed with freshly prepared Fe(OH)3
- Light is passed through a colloidal solution.
- Differentiate between chemisorption & physisorptin. 3
- Explain Langmuir adsorption isotherm. 2
- Account for the following: 2
(i) A delta is formed at a point where river enters the sea.
(ii) As2S3 sol posses negative charge.
- Explain activity and selectivity of a catalyst. 2
- Explain Bredig’s Arc method. 2
- Give an example of water in oil type of emulsion. What type of emulsifier can be used for such emulsions? 2